—>76/365: The Imperialists Are Still Alive!, 2010, dir. Zeina Durra
I definitely let this personal project go for awhile, even watching movies that I simply did not record for the list. I’ve been dealing with a lot of stress over the last couple of months - some work related, some personal - that means I’ve been consuming far more crap TV than movies when I’m tired at the end of the day. Luckily, things seem to to be picking up, and I can resume recording these once again. Don’t know if I’ll make it to 365, being so far behind, but I’ll go as far as I can!
I’m procrastinating - ask me things!
C’mon, ask away, anon is on.
Queue is nearly out because I’ve had a supremely frustrating week, and haven’t been lining up a lot of things on Tumblr. Will resume once I make coffee, get my head together, and take some time off from work. I hear this whole “weekend” thing is popular with the kids these days; maybe I’ll try it out.
Hope it’s to everyone’s liking. Should be much easier to browse now. Also changed up the icon and sidebar images, sorry for any confusion that may have caused.
I’ve created a side blog just for my artwork, including sketches, WIPs, news, finished pieces, and published work. Come on over!
Life On The Road - Holidaze 2012 Edition
I haven’t done any particularly holiday-themed, or end-of-year posts, mostly due to travel, but also to work. Right now I’m across the US from where I can usually be found, on my annual jaunt to see everyone back East. It’s colder than I’m used to, even though I grew up here; 4 years in SoCal destroyed my cold-weather immunity. I’m battling it by drinking a lot of warm things in mugs, and trying not to worry about all the work I should be doing. My editors all take Christmas, so it’s not too bad, but the run-up to the end of this year is going to be a serious marathon.
There are some big pieces of news coming up for me in 2013, news that may or may not lead to my unmasking myself on Tumblr (eventually). But more on that later.
Posts may continue to be sporadic until I return to L.A., since I’m spending the rest of my time here being taken to holiday parties and made to eat things…like ya do.
In the meantime, Chinese food is here, to be consumed before going to the movies with my family, in the finest modern tradition of our tribe. A Merry Christmas, and holiday season, to all!
So here are the rules of the house, kids, in no particular order.
- If you post sexist commentary, images, or quotes, even if you think you’re being funny, I will unfollow you.
- If you post racist commentary, images, or quotes, I would remind you that you’re not funny, if I wasn’t so damn busy hitting that ‘Unfollow’ button.
- If you post homophobic commentary, images, or quotes, even if you think you’re being funny, I will unfollow you. (Hint: not funny. Not cute.)
- If you regularly post pro-gay commentary, images, or quotes, but post what you think is humorous commentary about how gross, “unwomanly”, or plain undesirable to anyone - whether platonically, socially, or sexually - lesbians are, I will unfollow you so fast it will make your code glitch.
- If you post anti-Semitic commentary, images, or quotes, including, but not limited to, out-of-context Swastika-laden propaganda, adulation of German WWII soldiers, or fetishization of the German SS uniform, I will throw a fucking history book at your sad, ignorant, presumably very young head, and unfollow you.
I reserve the right to add to The Rules at any time, since this is my little corner of the Internet, my lovelies, and not yours. Now play nice, or, do us all a favor, and quietly go away.
A note to Followers
First of all, I appreciate each one of you. Sincerely. But I wanted to put a note out there about attempts to friend me on Facebook, because I’ve fielded a couple over the last week.
I don’t go to great lengths to hide my identity on Tumblr. It’s not hard to find my real name, or even pictures of me. This is a very conscious choice on my part. I’d like followers to respect that. I see Tumblr and a site like Facebook as very different parts of my Internet presence. Please know that I am only friends on FB with people that I am friends with in real, physical life. That doesn’t mean that I’m unwilling to field questions on Tumblr (I even have Anon on, and will keep it on until such time as someone abuses it), or through an e-mail. It just means that I would appreciate people going through the proper channels to contact me, and respect the choices I’ve made about how my Internet life is divided up.
Just a note, in case anyone was wondering.